We find a substantial number of people searching for low-cost and budget appliances for their kitchen needs including induction cooktops. So we have made this list of induction cooktops for consumers who want a low budget yet good quality IC.
These cooktops are currently selling for under 2000 rupees on Amazon (as on 23rd April 2019). We will keep updating this article to bring you the latest list of induction stoves under 2000 rupees every month.
Quick Comparison - Best induction stove
|IC Model||Power / Wattage||Weight||Colour||Preset Cooking Modes|
Prestige PIC 20
8 Indian menu options
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise
7 preset menu options
Usha Cook Joy (3616)
Approx 1 kg
6 preset menu options
Pigeon by Stovekraft Favourite
7 preset menu options
Prestige PIC 1.0 Mini
3 preset cooking options
Our Selection Criteria for picking the best induction chulha
Prestige PIC 20 1200 Watt Induction Cooktop with Push Button
- This cooktop comes with an inbuilt Automatic Voltage Regulator so you don’t have to worry about high or low voltage fluctuations.
- The voltage regulator also moderates the charge being absorbed by the cooktop thus ensuring long life.
- It has an anti-magnetic wall which means that the top glass panel only heats in the center while keeping the remaining surface cool while effectively blocking surplus magnetic radiation into the surroundings, making the cooktop more efficient.
- It has preset Indian menu options that help you to prepare Indian foods at the touch of a button.
- It comes with feather touch buttons to prevent accidental entry of moisture into the control panel.
- Comes with an inbuilt timer for unattended cooking which makes it possible to complete other chores while the food it being cooked.
- Flat and smooth cooktop surface makes for quick and hassle-free cleaning. Being portable, makes it convenient to place anywhere or to move and carry it.
- It has full-procedure computerized control mechanism that automatically adjusts the power and temperature for different cooking options and helps in efficient cooking.
- Auto-switch off function enhances the safety aspect.
- It also has aerodynamic cooling system to ensure the unit does not heat up.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800-Watt Induction Cooktop
- This induction cooktop packs 1800 W of power so cooking becomes pretty swift.
- Comes with a cool touch surface that lets you handle the cooktop safely even during use.
- Made with high-grade electrical components that protect against short circuits.
- It’s superior top plate can withstand very high temperatures, making it extremely durable.
- Being lightweight and compact in size it does not occupy much space on the kitchen table and it is also portable.
- It has a bigger heating element for better heating efficiency.
- Sleek and trendy design makes it a modern appliance to enhance the look of your kitchen.
- The top panel being made of microcrystal plate ensures efficient transfer of heat.
- Retains all the nutrients and vitamins in the food unlike conventional modes of cooking.
- Smart timer with auto switch off helps you to leave the food to cook on the cooktop while you complete other chores.
- Comes with dual heat sensor technology.
- Soft push button panel makes it a breeze to operate the cooktop.
- 93-percent energy saving technology
- It comes with a lengthy connecting cord of 1.2 meters that makes it flexible to move.
- Comes with one-year warranty on product.
Usha Cook Joy (3616) 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop
- This cooktop will deliver upto 1600 W of power so you can cook at a medium pace.
- It includes power saving technology that ensures efficient cooking as it automatically switches to power saving mode to prevent overheating.
- This cooktop comes with a 10 Amp Plug with earthing for extra safety.
- It comes with pan sensors which will shut off the cooktop if no pan is detected.
- It has five preset menu options so you can choose the option that is best suited for what you want to cook.
- It has an extra long 1.2 meter power cord that makes it flexible enough for use in urban kitchens.
- This cooktop is designed with a safety device (metal oxide varister) to make it resistant to fluctuations in voltage up to 1500 volts which helps with longevity of the appliance.
- This cooktop has anti-skid feet that keep it firmly in place.
- It also has a one year warranty.
- Being equipped with a metal oxide varister, this cooktop is less vulnerable to voltage fluctuations so it is most suitable for those who live in areas of much power-fluctuation.
- Comes with a 10 Amp Plug with earthing so that is an added advantage for people living in areas of power-fluctuations.
- We did not find much to complain about with this cooktop.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Favourite 1800-Watt Induction Cooktop
- This powerful IC packs a decent punch at 1800W
- Comes with a push button control panel that makes it easy to operate
- With seven preset menu options, various cooking options are as simple as pressing a button
- Comes with auto pan-detection so it shuts off by itself when a suitable pan is not detected
- Dual heat sensor enables the cooktop to shut off when over-heating is detected
- Inbuilt timer makes it possible to time the cooking as per your liking so the food is ready while you go about sorting other priorities
- Automatic shut off enables the cooktop to be used safely
- Has a function to keep food warm so you can eat fresh food every time
- Prestige provides a one-year warranty on this cooktop
- The company also provides after-sales servicing, so you can buy this cooktop with a free mind
Prestige PIC 1.0 Mini 1200-Watt Induction Cooktop
- At 1200 W, this cooktop is designed to balance lower cooking speed with lower power consumption.
- Soft touch buttons make it easy to operate this cooktop.
- Has an anti-magnetic wall that blocks surplus magnetic radiation entering the surrounding.
- Flat and smooth cooking surface makes cleaning quick and hassle-free.
- This cooktop is designed with simplicity and ease of use in mind.
- It heats the pot or pan rapidly.
- Being compact and portable, it can be placed and moved according to your convenience.
- Designed with power-saver technology to make it energy efficient.
- Low power consumption makes this cooktop highly suitable for anyone who is on a tight monthly budget.
- Also people who are not very tech-savvy, like the elderly, will also be able to use this cooktop without much of a hassle because of its simple control panel which does not have too many options.
- This cooktop is not very useful for anyone who is looking for the performance level of high power cooktops.
Our Top Pick
So which is the best cooktop as per our analysis? We think the Usha Cook Joy has the right balance of power and safety features to prevent the cooktop from getting damaged due to voltage fluctuations which are common in several parts of our country.
Check out more info
Do you have something you want to add? Do let us know.